1. The Club shall be called The Gardeners Cricket Club and the colours of the club shall be Tomato Red and Tomato green.
2. a) Members shall abide by the rules and spirit of the game, and behave in a sportspersonlike way at all times; b) Politically correct language shall be kept to a minimum in the constitution.
3. The officers of the club (hereafter, the committee) shall include: President,
Secretary, Treasurer, Captain and Fixtures Secretary. No member may hold more
than two posts at any one time.
4. The committee shall meet at least once a year in the autumn or winter.
5. The committee shall have the power to fill any vacancies which occur during the season.
6. The club’s AGM shall be held in the autumn or winter. 14 days notice of the meeting will be given to every paid-up member. Paid-up members can suggest over those 14 days items that they would like to appear on the agenda.
7. 20% of the paid-up membership shall form a quorum.
8. The AGM shall fix the amount of subs.
9. Only paid-up members shall vote at the AGM. Proxy votes must be signed and submitted to the secretary. Members who have not paid may speak but not vote at the AGM.
10. All officers of the club shall be elected (or re-elected) annually at the AGM,
except the president who shall be elected (or re-elected) for a three-year term
11. The secretary shall call an extraordinary general meeting at the request of 25% of paid-up members. 7 days notice of such a meeting shall be given. Only business named on the agenda shall be discussed.
12. All matters not dealt with above shall be handled by the committee.
13. These rules shall not be altered or revised except at an annual or extraordinary general meeting. Any proposed alterations must be notified to the secretary at least 21 days prior to the date of such a meeting.
We play most of our games in Dulwich and net during the winter at The Oval. Send us an email at email@example.com
Jamie Elliot (life)
Rob Navratil (life)
Hugo Nisbet (life)
David Woodhouse (life)
All our match reports and player profiles are written by third parties,
and may involve some poetic licence. GCC cannot be held liable for any misrepresentation in these articles.